Friday, December 12, 2014

Medical Unprofessionalism

Namaste. Thank you for joining me today and taking time out of your busy schedule. This is the one and only Quiet Mouse 420.

I'm going to try to keep this blog short as possible, but I wanted to talk briefly about the unprofessional medical employees I've seen and come across. In the Navy I worked as a Hospital Corpsman in the intensive care unit and worked my way up to being a surgical technologist working in the operating room helping patients through their surgeries. Now I'm out of that line of work but have less than fond memories of some of what I've seen. For example I've had a surgeon throw a scalpel, in the O.R., at me that came so close to my head that I could hear it buzz by my ear and boioioing into the wall where it stuck and vibrated noisily. I've seen so many respiratory tech.'s that smoke cigarettes, but are then telling the patients not to. I've seen a LOT of medical personnel that are grossly obese telling the patients advice on how to maintain health. ALL of these issues being done by the same professionals telling you how to live. I'm a big hater when it comes to hypocrisy, like the doctor I walked in on doing cocaine in the bathroom who is the same doctor sexually harassing the nurses and staff, but the hospital won't do anything because he brings in so much money from his surgical cases. Or how about the time where I had to give a deposition into a lawsuit case for a surgeon leaving a needle inside a patient.
Every time I go to the VA, I run into staff, nurses, and doctors that seem to quite frankly dislike the veterans who they are tasked to serve, basically to the point of being overly rude and disrespectful. I could keep going, but it seems to me that I've made my point. People go to the doctor to get treatment but often end up with a far worse experience than just being sick. Toxic vaccinations, unnecessary procedures, and incompetent staff of supposed professionals that are obese and unhealthy telling us how to live. Nurses, by far, seem to me to be the best of the industry, and ACTUALLY seem to care the most. It's just the some of the doctors and ancillary staff that seem to be the hypocrisy of the medical industry.

Be careful in who you pick as a medical professional to be your doctor. Be careful who you allow to give you advice on your health and well being and who isn't just there trying to shove pills down your throat like a pharmaceutical rep. getting kickbacks for dosing the patients. Ultimately it is up to YOU and I to make our own health care decisions, with the ADVICE from doctors. Read up, study and be your OWN ADVOCATE for your own health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...