Monday, December 22, 2014

One Movie Franchise To Rule Them ALL

Namaste and thank you for joining me for another posting of the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back. Today I wanted to post a quick thought about the epic movie franchises of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. Peter Jackson has done a masterful job creating the world of Middle Earth for these movie series with beloved characters, superb score and cinematography, as well as a bevy of monsters and magic to woo the hearts of fans all over the globe.

I have watched the LOTR movies many times and I have seen the first two Hobbit movies several times as well. I have read both books and am eagerly anticipating seeing the final installment, the "Battle of Five Armies", which has already grossed nearly 90 million dollars. For those who love the movies and those who do not, none can deny the epic amount of money that these movies have been able to pull in from fans and movie-goers alike. Truly these movies are the ONE franchise to rule them all... except maybe for those who are fans of the Marvel movie franchise: The Avengers.
Regardless, these movies will always hold a special place in the hearts of geeks and fanboys such as myself. I will definitely buy a copy of the trilogy once they have finished coming out on blu-ray.
I'd love to hear what my blog readers think of these movies, so please feel free to chime in and let me know what you think. Which one of these six movies are your favorites? I really like the Fellowship of the Ring and the Desolation of Smaug. As always I hope you enjoy these films and I'll see you at the movies. This has been the one and only Quiet Mouse.
LOTR. Hobbit. Peace. Love. Respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...