Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Cats Are People TOO!!!

Namaste and welcome back. Today I just want to write briefly about my cats and how they are part of the family too. Do I spoil them? Yeah, sometimes I do. Nearly every night when it's time for dinner, at least one of our 5 male cats comes up and sits at the empty seat next to the table. They eagerly await to see what we are eating, but are very patient to see if they will get a treat of human food. I can imagine that our food probably tastes better than cat food which reminds me of meat flavored cereal.

I won't lie, I think I would be extremely bored of eating dry pet food really quickly in preferrence to the human treats that come from atop the dining room table or get dropped by the cook in the kitchen.
Occasionally my wife and I have to shoo one of the little furry beasts off the table, but most of the time they just sit there with their beady little eyes staring longingly at our food.
Since my wife and I are unable to have more than the combined three children between the two of us, our kitties have become our babies, so to speak. First we have the furry orange tabby Tiny Tiger, then Mr. Nibbles, Mr. Basal, and then lastly the two polydactyl kittens Tiggy and Snowy. All of our kitties are part of the family and they indeed believe themselves to be people too. For example, Tiggy, the little orange tabby kitten with a target shaped coloring on his side loves to come and check us out in the shower and will sit between the curtain and the tub, careful not to get wet. Mr. Nibbles is probably the most vocal of all our cats and he is constantly talking to us to let us know when he is hungry or just wants to jump in your face and get attention. ALL of them like to sit in the window and we can hear them chirping at the birds, frogs, and squirrels in the side yard next to the house.
I have to say that many times, the cats have been more entertaining than cable t.v. I'm sure we could win money on America's Funniest Videos (AFV) if we were to record their antics onto video and watch the hilarity ensue.
Well, I'm gonna wrap this up with the familiar thought that cats (and other pets) are people too and deserve thought and consideration beyond just feeding/watering and scooping the cat litter box. They are living, breathing creatures that are full of emotion and love. They make great roommates and often are very loyal animals. I'm sure you love your baby animals just as much as we do. Be good to your pets as they will continue to give back your love again and again. This has been the one and only Quiet Mouse 420.
Peace. Love. Respect. Felines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...