Saturday, December 6, 2014

Butter

According to Julia Child butter is the key to a happy life. As a chef I tend to agree, but will amend it to be that love and butter are the keys to happiness.

Namaste and thank you for joining me today on this beautiful day. It's gonna be a short blog, but I just wanted to talk about the joy of cooking and my love of butter. I realize that animal fats aren't the best for you in the health department, but much like bacon, there is NO SUBSTITUTE for butter in a recipe. Margarine is just okay, but not equal to butter. Crisco is the closest thing in comparison to butter for making soft, moist, and delicious cookies and cakes.
The movie Julie and Julia, which is AWESOME, highlights the life of Julia Child and her experience around the famous Le Cordon Bleu cooking school, which I attended for pastry and baking as well. Her love of food and butter, along with other chefs like Wolfgang Puck and Emeril Lagasse have helped to shape my culinary prowess. I'm looking forward to opening my own deli soon, the Cloud Nine Cafe, where I will share my love of food and my love of butter.
To recap, there is NO SUBSTITUTE for REAL BUTTER. It just makes your baked and cooked foods that much exponentially better. My favorite children's book is the Butter Battle Book by Dr. Seuss.
Thanks again for joining me today. May the butter be with you.
Peace. Love. Respect. Butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...