Monday, December 29, 2014

Cosplay: Nerdy Girls Are Sexy Part 2

Namaste and welcome back friends, family, and fellow knowledge seekers to another spicy posting for the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back. If you haven't yet, I encourage you to read past blogs, especially since this is the second part to the Nerdy Girls Are Sexy blog.

I personally admire girls that can step out of the societal "norm" and be herself. I think it's a great thing to not only admit to being a nerdy girl or a geek, but to also let your freak flag fly proudly as you display the cosplay. Last year we went to the Wizard World Comic-Con in Portland, OR. I was astounded by how many people, both men and women that were dressed up as their favorite comic and movie characters. It was cool to see real life celebrities like Adam West and Michael Rooker. The star of the show was the girls that had the chesticular fortitude to wear some amazingly complex, yet skimpy looking costumes for the fanboys to drool over.
Now before I move on, I do want to say this for my male readers: Cosplay or not, these women ARE REAL people too and should be treated with admiration and respect and NOT like playtoys or inhuman sex puppets. That kind of treatment is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!
I think it takes bravery and talent for these women of cosplay to put together amazingly realistic costumes and wear them openly through the throngs of nerds and geeks. If I could I would lead a standing ovation at the comic-con events to bring credibility and not just sexism toward these women because their CONFIDENCE makes them far sexier than the makeup and/or skimpy costumes. ALWAYS treat nerdy/geeky girls with respect. Despite tattoos or silly dress up outfits, she might be the one to rock your world, so always show them respect.
I didn't plan for this to be a hugely long blog, so please enjoy and admire some of the girls of cosplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...