Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dial #2 For... WTF???

Namaste and get ready to open your mind. This blog is not meant to be prejudiced or offensive... although it MAY come off that way to some readers and for this I DO apologize. My goal is to open people's minds to THINK for themselves instead of just readily believing the blatant propaganda and brainwashing of the corporate ran media driven military-pharmaceutical-petroleum-industrial-complex assholes.

Today I want to talk about why it is that WE live in the United States and yet WE still have to dial #1 for English and #2 for Spanish. Now it may be just MY imagination, but I thought we lived in the USA, NOT MEXICO. I appreciate the Hispanic culture and the diversity it has brought to this nation. I appreciate their hard work doing jobs that white and black people just flat out DON'T want to do. THANKS GUYS... I LOVE Mexican food; it's my favorite.
Following along I want to say that I am a little pissed off that yet once again this country caters to the minority groups INSTEAD of actually LISTENING to the views, although diverse, from the MAJORITY. I suppose what I mean is why don't they, or why can't they LEARN ENGLISH??

I am fine with keeping cultural heritage. I am fine with their music, dress, language, and culture for the most part, but I am severely displeased with their basic LACK OF EFFORT to learn basic English. Furthermore, I get equally frustrated that when I go to a fast food restaurant, they inevitably put the person who speaks the LEAST amount of English at the drive-thru  speaker box/window... which leads them to inevitably fucking up mine and your order.

I want to step to the side for a moment and say for the record that I DO understand WHY the immigrants of Hispanic origin have come to the United States. Up until the last 10 years or so, there USED TO BE a lot of jobs, business opportunities, and room for personal growth. Admittedly, from looking into the past (which a lot of people either DON'T WANT TO DO, or are too stupid to understand and NOT make the SAME MISTAKES over and over again and again)... well it isn't too big of a stretch of the imagination to realize that this nation was FOUNDED on the exploitation of one minority group of brown people or another... NOTHING is really different now. NOW, it is common and standard practice for corporate America to exploit Hispanic people here in the US AND it is pretty common for American companies to transfer their manufacturing plants overseas to exploit what we call third-world countries by paying the locals pennies on the dollar by comparison to what they would have to pay a local American citizen. This is NOTHING SHORT OF DISCRIMINATION... but we've become pretty good at that as nation.
For the RECORD... I really LOVE Mexican food and Hispanic culture. I REALLY WANT for them to learn ENGLISH and become CITIZENS instead of ILLEGAL ALIENS that are working under the table for scraps and undermine the REAL attempts by others to become LEGAL NATURALIZED CITIZENS that actually PAY TAXES and are NOT A BURDEN TO AN ALREADY STRAPPED SYSTEM.
I do NOT approve of people coming across the border ILLEGALLY to have ANCHOR BABIES here in this nation so they can reap the rewards of citizenship WITHOUT the actual sacrifice of their own rights, but here's the problem.
IF YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN CITIZEN... YOU DON'T HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS OTHER CITIZENS THAT DID GO THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, LEARNING ENGLISH, PAYING TAXES, AND BECOMING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY.
As far as I am concerned, I don't really care if they are here... I just want it to be legal. I want them to learn English. Hell, they can come over across the border by the truckload as far as I am concerned... as long as it is done legally.
Well, this has been the Quiet Mouse once again. Learn English, pay taxes, and become a productive member of society. The USA has been founded on immigrants and the labor of those unfortunate souls who seek to escape the political and economic of their former country. It is fine to be proud of your heritage, but if you come over to live in the USA... YOU ARE BECOMING AN AMERICAN... thus you are EXPECTED to learn the native majority language of ENGLISH!!! Becoming an American is NOT a free pass to live off government assistance and welfare. It is NOT a free pass to get food stamps, WIC, HUD VASH, or other benefits that YOU HAVE NOT PAID INTO THE POT FOR.
Between the excessive corporate greed and the illegal immigration that has undercut the American system and made it increasingly more difficult for the average American to actually earn a decent wage and take care of their families. EVERYONE dreams of a better life than the one they already have. We all do it. But the difference is those who take the proper path of legal citizenship vs. those who take the short cuts and the low road of indifference, greed, and laziness.
Peace. Love. Tolerance. Respect. Honesty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...