Thursday, January 19, 2012

I LOVE to BAKE!!!

Namaste and welcome back to another exciting blog. I am your blog master, the one and ONLY Quiet Mouse.
Today I really just want to talk about my personal joy of cooking, in particular baking.

Apparently I am a fat kid at heart because pretty much daily my mind is thinking about some kind of confection I can make. To me the joy in baking comes when you see the eater take the first bite and it's like a tiny piece of heaven in their mouth... mmm... yummy!!
And there are so many pastries to chose from to bake in any given day... but I'll list a few of my favorites.
When you dream what is it about? Daily stresses? Far away fantasy realms? Flying? Falling? Work?
When I dream it is about cakes, pies, strudels, cinnamon rolls, tarts, cookies, baklava, candies, and much more. Now when I awaken, I can feel the craving of a sweet treat... for example right now I am craving almond biscotti. For those who do not know, the word biscotti literally means "twice baked". Isn't that neat?
Those who know me understand that I have celiac disease and my intestines cannot process wheat gluten without making me sick. I'm not going to go into great detail on this, only brought it up to point out that most of my cooking is now gluten-free, or sometimes you will see it simply as GF, not to be confused with GMO, which is genetically modified organisms, which I am ADAMANTLY AGAINST!!
Quickly I want to go back a step and say that biscotti is a hard, twice baked cookie that is great with your coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and it fills you with a rustic homie kind of feeling when you bite into it's crunchy goodness. You'll taste the almonds, but also a subtle hint of orange zest that acts like a celebration of joy in your mouth as your taste buds erupt in a firework explosion of flavor... and saliva, lol.
One thing to remember is that sugar and sweets are good in moderation. Exercise IS still important because none of us really want to be obese. I AM overweight, but that is kinda part and partial to being a pastry chef/baker.

Well dang... my mouth is watering... not sure about yours'
Guess I'll have to go do some baking. Hell, you buy the ingredients and come over... I'll bake for you too... or you could just pay me cash and I'll do all the work... even though I don't like feeling like the little red hen (look it up). I just don't like the dishes so much... but that is the beauty of baking... while it's in the oven, hot with love is the BEST time to do the dishes... that way, when it is done baking and cooling down... you can CHOW DOWN!! OH YEAH!!
Well ladies and gentlemen... this has been the Quiet Mouse. Good baking. Good eating. Good times.
Peace. Love. Respect. Togetherness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...