Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Honesty is the BEST policy!


Welcome back friends, family, and fellow knowledge seekers, this is the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back once again.
Today I want to bring up the issue of honesty. It is my opinion that there is a fair number of people, especially in American Society, that either don't want the truth or in the immortal words of Jack Nicholson, "You can't handle the truth!"
Why is it that we feel the need to tell lies and false truths as human beings? It starts at an early age and I am getting first hand experience with this having two young school age children. It seems to me that this starts as a self-defense mechanism to deflect what is perceived to be threat or danger of getting into trouble. This grows as we mature and are disillusioned by the images we see on television of adults and other children tell lies to one another. It is often portrayed on t.v. as being somehow funny, but this is typical of people to mock and pretend that the issue is not important, or to trivialize the interpersonal relationships we humans have.
I say this because without TRUST, there is NO relationship... which leads me on to a personal revelation:

I am honest. Sometimes brutally. And if you ask me a question... Do NOT get offended if I give you an honest answer. If you are afraid of my potential answer, then you may want to avoid asking the scary question(s)...

So I can hear some of the whispering now
"But Mouse... What do I say if my wife/gf/s.o. asks me "Does this dress makes me look fat?"

Well friends, I'm glad you ponder so many questions. But let's be honest once again here... if the question needs asked... we ALL probably know the answer.
Now this leads me to my next point in this discourse. Some people DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH!

Now I'm not suggesting that you go straight out and be RUDE to people... no, no, no... NOT AT ALL. All I am suggesting is some truthfulness with a little thing called TACT.
Perhaps change the subject, deflect the conversation onto yourself rather than the person who is SETTING YOU UP FOR FAILURE??

Further examples of the truth that needs to be told is once again in our media. I know that the majority of my readers have seen the news on tv or read it in the paper... of course you have... we ALL know how depressing it is. YES, it is true that violence DOES happen in this world, BUT... the news RARELY highlights the thousands if not millions of good deeds of true benevolence and love that happen on a daily basis. We, especially as Americans have been desensitized to the GOOD of the world because let's be honest, VIOLENCE SELLS! Just like SEX SELLS!
Unfortunately our society has dwindled down to the point that we have to project our thoughts and images to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR: THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL... this is sad but true.

What I purpose is just some mindfulness of how you and I interact with one another and our fellow human beings. The path of least resistance: lying, cheating, stealing, foul language, manipulation, etc... is NOT always the best path. In fact I believe that this is the primary cause of the ones we love hurting us the most. It is an attachment to our own selfish EGO's and it is NOT healthy for our mind, body, or spirit.
When you wake up, each day is a chance to re-invent yourself and look in the mirror and make yourself the person you want to be TODAY! Do you want to be perceived as a truth sayer... or a LIAR?? Even little white lies damage the energy force that brings us together. Let us hold ourselves to a HIGHER STANDARD please, so we can be better role models for our children so they do not grow up to be little manipulative liars, obsessed with senseless violence and greed.

To sum it up... we all have to face the person in the mirror and face our true inner self. If you don't like what you see, then I suggest taking the steps to change. Be honest with YOURSELF first and foremost, because if it doesn't start WITHIN, it will never be projected outward as the honest truth.
This has been the Quiet Mouse.
Peace. Love. Respect. Truth. Compassion. Wisdom. Honor. Courage. 

1 comment:

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...