Friday, October 21, 2011

Defensive Driving For Dummies

Welcome back for another brief, yet informative blog from myself, the Quiet Mouse.
If you haven't read the past two blogs in this series, you should look back in the archive for "Driving for Dummies" and "Driving and Shopping"...



Let's get started here as I state once again my fear for being out on the road with my fellow American MANIACS! I am not a timid driver, per se... it's just that I feel like I am the only one using my turn signals and respecting things like the speed "suggestion" limit... just saying... but  those are recurring themes from past blogs.
Today I was out in traffic and I witnessed the idiocy and flat out selfishness of my fellow citizens. An ambulance was trying to pull out of a parking lot, lights on, siren blaring and the street traffic would NOT STOP to let the ambulance onto the street. I was gridlocked on the opposite side of the street and was not able to move over any further as the ambulance eventually was able to do an almost U shaped left turn onto my side of the road.
I am not aware of the nature of the emergency... hell they could have been on the way to the donut house for all I know. I'm not trying to trivialize their job in any way. I'm only commenting on the rudeness of society to not let an ambulance across the road. Again, where have the basic rules of the road gone? Is the minute you would have lost really worth being a hindrance to an emergency vehicle that needs to get somewhere FAST??

That's about all I'm gonna say on that, but it frustrates me and forces me to step back and take a deep breath. I cannot control these things. All I can do is be a good safe defensive driver and pray that the other ASSHOLES don't hit me.
This has been the Quiet Mouse signing out... drive safe and protect your loved ones from danger. No drinking and driving, please, please, please...
Peace. Love. Truth. Respect. Mindfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...