Sunday, February 27, 2011

Phone Book Uses

Hello once again my new age friends and knowledge seekers, this is the Quiet Mouse coming at you today with a short blog that I'm sure many of you will understand and share my sentiments about.

Does anyone ACTUALLY use their phone book any more? I don't...
Well, let me rephrase that. Does anyone actually use their phone book to look up phone numbers? I know that many people use their yellow pages to prop up that loose, wiggly leg on the table. Others use them as a seat booster for their toddler to be at eye level at the grown ups table... and that's OKAY!

It seems that with the digital age of technology, it is much easier to just look it up on the Internet, or on those neat little cell phone apps that pretty much do EVERYTHING except suck your dick... but I already blogged about THAT...
Do any of you actually remember how to read this obsolete text known as the yellow pages? I personally quit trying to understand it. Animals aren't under A, they are under P for pets... Cars aren't under C, they are under A for automobiles... and so on and so forth
OR... how about those of us who are so short we have to sit on a phone book to see over the steering wheel?
I blogged about THAT on my "driving for dummies" blog, I believe.

I kinda think flipping through a bunch of pages in a phone book is not only annoying, but VERY inconvenient. It appears that life has become too damn hectic to take the 5 minutes to leaf through this monstrosity. That is beyond the fact that the majority of Americans ONLY have cell phones these days, and the phone book doesn't list cell numbers. MY 2 phone books are stuffed under a dresser, since I don't have room for the cumbersome books on the floor or bookcase (I have too many books already stacked on top of one another with NO room on the shelf left over).
I think people might get more use out of those papers if they were shredded for the kitty cat litter box, or rolled up and smoked (although bible pages work better for rolling cannabis, hahaha!!)
I would love to hear from my readers about what YOU do with your phone books! Hit me up and let me know... I enjoy reading the responses that you all leave for me. And as always, I DESIRE some actual comments from my international readers as well.

Despite all the dark clouds in the world... KEEP LAUGHING AND SMILING. Unconditional LOVE will conquer all. If you want some good laughs, look up comedy by Bill Hicks... that'll get the old diaphragm moving up and down. Smiles confuse people anyway. Be a rebel and be happy! Be a rebel and READ!
This is the Quiet Mouse.
Peace. Love. Truth. Smile.

1 comment:

  1. I love you dearly, but using pages of the Bible to roll doobies?? Tsk, tsk...Remind me to keep you away from my Bibles.
    I am the one that had to sit on the phone books to drive. I am only 4'11.75" you know. My feet actually dangle when we eat at the Stardust Diner!
    If I had a phone book, I would USE it to look up numbers! I have no issues figuring out where things are. Sure, H & R Block is listed as "Block H & R" (well at least it was) but I can find my way. Plus, if the internet goes down, or you have a PC they used in the 20th century like mine, it's quicker to get the damn book out. What, is it too heavy for ya? Well, use it to work out! Get 2 of them suckers and do several sets of 20. Lol! Besides looking up numbers, and toning your arms, I'm sure they are quite effective as step stools so the vertically challenged such as myself.
    That reminds me, why isn't being vertically challenged considered a disability? Why can't I get a parking spot up front? Do people not understand the extra steps my little legs have to take? Perhaps that could be discussed in a future blog. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...