Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

Hey what's up my friends, I just wanted to leave a short blob since it is the official day of the Groundhog.
I always think of the movie with Bil Murray and Andie MacDowell, and who could forget old Punxatawney Phil.
I always get a giggle about the superstitious idea of a groundhog seeing his shadow as a prediction of a prolonged winter vs. an early spring.
Admittedly I am not much of a meteorologist, but just taking into consideration the CURRENT weather situation across this nation, I personally would expect a little bit more winter. I saw MY shadow today, but no one asked me my opinion. 

As for the movie, I think Harold Ramis made some good funny movies. Bill Murray is a good actor. I remember him all the way back from the early days of Saturday Night live or other classic movies like "STRIPES"

I am curious what other people would do if they were given 1 perfect day as in the movie?
I would personally learn more languages and learn how to paint. But that's just me.
Well, short winter or prolonged winter, I probably matters little because by the time summer comes, many people are gonna be bitching and whining about how hot it is. Do your best to be adaptable, I guess... I don't like the cold, so I hope Phil is gonna give us spring, that is, if you believe in that sort of thing... then again, you DID believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy once too.

This has been the Quiet Mouse... See you at the movies!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. I am cold now, but yeah, once we get that week of summer, I'll be wishing it was cold again, or that I had air conditioning. I'll be taking 3 showers a day, and "accidentally" be pouring ice water down my shirt...
    What would I do if I had one perfect day? Well, all the days I spend with you are perfect, but if I had THE perfect day, it would involve having dinner with my parents, Myranda, Paris, my brothers, and you. I'd introduce you, they'd love you, and welcome you. Then we'd all sit around singing old songs and shoot the breeze. Of course in the meantime my mom would make barbeque and it would have me running for the terlit, but it would be oooohhh so good and worth it!

    ReplyDelete

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...