Saturday, January 29, 2011

Random thoughts

I know its going on the second month of the new year of 2011, but I just had some random thoughts and wanted to let you know what some of MY favorite things of 2010 were.
The Quiet Mouse is back and here's what I think in a short segment of some random stuff.

1) Best Movie of 2010: (by far)  INCEPTION with Leo Dicaprio and one of the best, but under rated actors, Joseph Gordon Levitt, along with Ken Watanabe, Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Tom Berringer, and Ellen Page. Just a flat out awesome, mind bending flick!

2) Best video game of 2010: That's a tough one, but I'm gonna have to go with Final Fantasy XIII. Although the game play is a little bit linear, the storyline and amazing graphics take this winner over the top and set a new standard for the RPG genre.

3) Best video release for home viewing of 2010: LOST the entire 6 season set released into one box set with a shit load of bonus footage. Many didn't like the ending, but I think a lot of that had to do with losing parts of the story from breaks in the television airing of the episodes. When you watch it faster and without commercial breaks, it flows better and makes a lot more sense with less detail lost in translation.

4) Best restaurant of 2010: (now mind you, this only a place I have tried recently here in Portland and no where else) CHINA DELIGHT. The owner is a 5 star chef from San Fransisco who got tired of the fast paced life of the big city so he moved to Portland and serves high quality Chinese food for a very reasonable price. His "String bean chicken with mushrooms" is to die for. Slightly spicy, full of flavor. This is the winner for me hands down.

5) Best cake I made in 2010: A brown sugar pound cake with toasted pecans... or the butter rum cake I made for x-mas. Both were fantastic and got annihilated very quickly by my roommates.

6) Favorite drink of 2010: Simply Orange juice... this stuff will put lead in your pencil... yummy. I'm sure my daughter would agree.

7) Best gluten free product of 2010: BOB'S RED MILL brand. Period. I can finally make all my cakes and cookies without wheat gluten without a loss of flavor.

8) Best new player in the NFL from 2010 season: Sam Bradford, former OU alumni, current QB for the St. Louis Rams. Almost led them to the playoffs. Good job Seattle in a narrow win.

9) Best new fitness workout from 2010: Zumba!! If you haven't seen it, look it up, try it out, this is some heavy duty stuff. Dance your way to a slimmer figure in minutes a day. You can sweat your ass off (literally) and don't have to listen to the oldies with Richard Simmons queer ass.

10) Best concert of 2010: Kotton Mouth Kings at the Wonder Ballroom!! Chappy and I went to see these guys and had such a blast!! I can't wait til next time they are in town again. I even caught a hat that was thrown off stage by D-Loc!

11) Last but not least, best girlfriend of the year: Tamara Spain. It is wonderful to have someone smile and make your heart melt every time. Everyone goes through ups and downs, but to find someone that reciprocates unconditionally, well... that IS special. I love you babe ;)

But Quiet Mouse, you left out so many things...
ah... perhaps so. It is difficult to pick just one or two things when there are so many great things in this world. There are many people I would like to thank including Mike Shultz and Dr. Brian Jones.

2010 was a good year, but with a little effort, I truly believe this new year, 2011 can be even better. I don't need any new years resolutions. It doesn't take a new year to make a decision that will forever change and better your self. It doesn't take holidays or special occasions to make me want to give back and help out or just do something nice for NO REASON. There are no alterior motives. There is no hidden agenda. I do not speak in code or a foreign language. I just try every day to be ME and no one else. Despite some of the negative things I blog about, I really do believe that there is good still in the world.
That's for another blog, lol...
This has been the Quiet Mouse once again.
Peace. Love. Respect. Truth.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you gave a shout out to me! You're so sweet, but I had to laugh a little. You said "Best Girlfriend of the Year"...so you had others? LOL! I know what you mean! Thank you for mentioning me, you're the best. I love you, too.
    Zumba-absolutely the best! I hope you've tried it at least once. I hate to think I was the only one that was shaking it!
    I have to definitely agree with the brown sugar pound cake. The best! It melted in my mouth, and it was not dry.
    2011 is THE year! I know things are going to be great! Thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...