Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm NOT White!!

Hello once again, my friends and fellow knowledge seekers. This is the Quiet Mouse once again.
I want to open the eyes of those around me by stating rather emphatically that I am NOT WHITE!!

Now I don't want to confuse anyone, cause I sense a little bit of hesitation at the mention of something that seems so obvious.
But Quiet Mouse, I can "see" that your skin color is white...
Is that what  you see when you look at me? Because that is NOT what I WANT you to see. I want you to look at me and see me as an intelligent individual, dynamic, creative. Skin pigment is an illusion, one of many, that is used by the powerful individuals to divide us and cause dissension and violence. While we are busy feuding and fighting over something so trivial, they are pick-pocketing our money out the back end....
Before you make assumptions about my previous statements (I can hear you whispering and murmuring out there in the Matrix). Think about this...

What is MELANIN? I found my answer on wisegeek.com

Also called pigment, melanin is a substance that gives the skin and hair its natural color. It also gives color to the iris of the eye, feathers, and scales. In humans, those with darker skin have higher amounts of melanin. By contrast, those with less pigment have lighter or more fair skin coloring.
Melanin, sometimes referred to as a chemical, is formed as part of the process of metabolizing an amino acidcalled tyrosine. In the skin, melanin is formed by cells called melanocytes. Certain medical conditions, such as albinism, are associated with the lack of melanin.
Melanin provides many benefits to human beings. One of the most recognized benefits involves ultraviolet rays of the sun. Melanin provides a natural protection against the harmful effects of these rays. However, it does not provide complete protection from the sun, and individuals with darker skin tones are still at risk from the sun's damaging rays.
Generally, those with darker skin tones and more melanin are able to tolerate exposure to the sun for hours without getting sunburn. By contrast, a person with lighter skin may get sunburn after spending only minutes in the midday sun. Skin cancer is directly related to exposure to the sun and the presence of less than optimal amounts of pigment. Sun exposure has even been linked with cataracts.
Melanin is also a mechanism for absorbing heat from the sun. This purposes is of particular importance to cold-blooded animals. Snakes, lizards, certain types of fish, and a wide range of other animals depend on their surroundings, including the rays of the sun, to establish and maintain their body temperatures.

So... to the point of my statement my friends.
I am NOT white, but rather pigmentally challenged. Its just a lack of melanin that makes me pale and pink. My heart is still the same as all others, I bleed the same as others, I live and breathe the same as others. 
Just think about what is REAL and what is SUPERFICIAL when you meet someone and get to know them. We might have a lot in common, you never know...

This IS the Quiet Mouse. Keep love in your hearts and treat fear and hate like the gum on your shoe. Scrape it off and go on with your life.
Peace. Love. TRUTH. Respect.


1 comment:

  1. LOL! I am WAY pigmentally challenged, too. I freakin glow in the dark.
    I think there is a black man or at least a Puerto Rican inside of you somewhere since you like the big booty!

    ReplyDelete

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...