Thursday, December 29, 2011

Somewhere... Over the Rainbow!

Welcome back, friends, family, and fellow knowledge seekers. Let's jump right into this short blog about rainbows.
 
As a younger man, my parents would take me on road trips across the country and I have been to Mexico, Canada, and nearly all of the 48 continental United States. Today I am here to say, sadly, that the end of the rainbow does NOT end in a pot of gold, but a mobile home park. 
Now I can imagine some of my readers thinking this is quite preposterous and that I've gone and done it: I've gone buck-nutty, totally bonkers, mad as a hatter. This may be true, but let's not focus on that for the moment.
Clear as day I can remember being a young man on vacation seeing many rainbows at various times and I do not believe that ALL rainbows end in the same spot, especially considering it is a playful trick on the light spectrum from the moisture in the air after or during a rain storm... however, for my story, it DID in fact land in a mobile home park as my brother and I discovered as young men. It started out like any other ordinary family vacation day. Nothing really of consequence besides and early afternoon rain shower. And then it happened. From the once cloudy sky emerged a glorious rainbow in it's full majesty and color spectrum. If you don't remember first grade, I'm gonna tell you the spectrum again:Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet or roygbiv. 
At the time we were camping at the KOA campgrounds, which YES, were attached to a mobile home/RV park. My brother and I ventured out into the day to discover that the rainbow did indeed have an end to all it's glory. I saw with mine very own eyes that the rainbow dead-ended at the top of a trailer house. The occupants were simple, blessed people even though they may not have known it at the time. Some people in society may think that the people must be poor, lazy, or somehow otherwise socially unacceptable because of the owners living in that trailer park... but that day, the heavens were shining down upon them. 
Why did I bring this up? Only to illustrate one point. The measure of a person is not by his/her social status. Happiness is not one of materialism and selfishness... and even the most monetarily poor person could be the richest man in Babylon among us. One man's trash is another's treasure. One man's hell is another man's heaven. One man's nightmare is another man's dream. Life is ALL about perspective. For WHATEVER reason, the light shone upon that man that day... perhaps the light will shine on YOU another day. The rainbow doesn't have to end in a pot of gold because inside us all is the ONLY true value in the universe: the soul, greater than ALL the riches of the misers of men, greater than all the gold, silver and gemstones, which are mere trinkets compared to the vast richness of the enduring flame of the soul, the TRUE fifth element.
Ladies and gentlemen, this has been your blog host, the Quiet Mouse.
Peace. Love. Happiness. Truth. Compassion. Wisdom. LIFE.
I would love for the rainbow to end at In-N-Out burger joint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...