Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gridiron Gang and sports in general

Hello once again my friends, this is the one and only Quiet Mouse back with ya to talk about good old American football. I know this is aside from my normal semi-political blogs, but tis the season for some bone crunching action known as the NFL.
Similar to the Roman Empire, our modern "gladiators" duke it out in massive stadiums for the entertainment of the masses. Really, the only thing missing, it seems, is the players being fed to the tigers. Thankfully, even though we have risen as a country to mirror the success of the Romans... well, we ALL know what happened to them (greed, corruption, human sacrifice....)
So, back to the gridiron. This season has been a tumultuous affair of ups, downs, bumps and bruises. These GIANTS among men have proven to be the best of the best, having worked their way up from high school ball, a strenuous college NCAA league, all the way to being professional athletes.
Like a lot of people I have my reservations about professional sports in general. I grew up a big baseball, basketball, and football fan.
I must admit that my views of these sports has changed over the years. At first it was fun to cheer for my favorite teams, through the good and the bad... well, that was until the consecutive baseball STRIKES of the mid 90's. That was when I learned that the "game" wasn't just a game at all: it was a business. And like all businesses, it is solely about making MONEY! Then came the NBA screwing the Dallas Mavericks in the finals. No surprise that when the TRUTH came out, the refs admitted that they were paid off and gambling on the outcome of the game. Not to mention that the NBA commissioner had a beef with Mark Cuban.

So back to the NFL. It IS a huge business. The saving grace for the league would be the salary cap so their is closer to a fair chance for ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, whomever can win. For many years I have been a Kansas City Chiefs fan, through the good and the bad. I've seen many players in the NFL come out from my college football team OU as well. I'd say for sure that Sam Bradford has done a hell of a job as a rookie with the St. Louis Rams. The Rams are in the NFC West division, possibly the worst division I have seen in recent memory and of all the teams that could win the division it seems like its' gonna come down to the 49ers and Rams to win that division. First time EVER that a below .500 team could win the division in the ENTIRE NFL! That's messed up... severely!
There are good teams in both the NFC and the AFC and it's any ones game as to who will be the final two in the Super Bowl, just 8 weeks away to be played at the Cowboys' stadium in Arlington, TX. The New England Patriots are front runners for the AFC and the defending Super Bowl champions, the New Orleans' Saints are rising fast, healing from a plague of injury, in the NFC.
Hopefully, since I am a die hard fan, my KC Chiefs will win the AFC West. Idk... San Diego sure whooped their ass today though, lol.
On a side note, pretty crazy stuff with the dome collapsing under the weight of the snow up in Minnesota. I like that team too, but this season has been a pretty big bust. I'm sure that I can speak for many many fans when I say this: Brett Favre, be that as it may for him being a future Hall of Fame QB... well, he should have retired after LAST season. Between his 20+ million dollar payoff and his sexual harassment scandal (and those AWFUL Wrangler commercials), I personally will be happy to see him out of the league and retired. The ONLY highlight of the Vikings this season, like several past is the big and powerful ADRIAN PETERSON!! Like I said, let's see how the last couple weeks of the regular season turn out and cheer on our respective teams all the way up to the big dance in Dallas!!

Whoever your team is, cheer hard, cheer loud, and ENJOY the game for the game it IS.
Well, that is before a$$holes like Cowboys owner Jerry Jones makes it all pay per view... something to think about there...

This has been the Quiet Mouse once again.
Peace. Love. Respect. Honor. Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...