Monday, September 17, 2018

Go! Go! Pokemon Go!

Namaste and welcome, my friends, family, and fellow knowledge seekers to another posting on the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back. I'm gonna keep this short and jump right in...
Image result for pokemon goImage result for pokemon go
With 1 in 3 Americans being overweight or obese, according to a recent survey, it goes without saying that Americans need to get up off their asses, out from in front of the TV (a.k.a. idiot box), and get to moving. I have been stunned lately at 39 years of age to see how many folks around me, near to my own age, that are suffering from diseases and medical conditions that were once only seen in seniors and old folks.
Even though the game has been out for several years, my family and I have gotten back into Pokemon Go! Due to heath and ethical issues we went vegan at the first of the year. I'm not going to preach on and on about my diet and lifestyle change, but to recognize the fact that, with addition of walking and moderate exercise to our dietary changes, we have lost a combined weight of >50 lbs.
Truly though, one of the best ways to get me, personally, out to exercise and to be more active is to hunt down Pokemon with my wife and kids. We live in a small, but active town in rural Washington state that has many Poke-stops and Poke-gyms, along with many people out socializing in public and in nature. All in all, a good thing.
Image result for pokemon go familyImage result for pokemon go safety
There are, however, some well known facts and pitfalls surrounding this phone game. There have been some folks who have walked out in traffic and been hit by cars for not paying attention to surroundings. I even read a story about a guy walking off a cliff... yeah.  The most common problem I've seen and heard of with this game is TRESPASSING, which is a HUGE NO-NO, but due to the in game warning, ought to be a no-brainer. Unfortunately warning labels/ messages have to be put on everything for the lowest common denominator: the under-educated and sometimes law breaking persons I mentioned above.  Bearing all that in mind, with a watchful eye on traffic, property signs,  and your phone screen, this game is and can be fun for all ages... with safety and awareness in mind.
Image result for pokemon go safetyImage result for pokemon go safety
Get outside and get moving! And if you don't like Pokemon Go, I've heard there is a Walking Dead game with the same premise, to get you outside walking around, but to kill zombie walkers rather than catching cute little pocket monsters, if you are into the more macabre, haha.
Image result for pokemon go team valor
Well, this has been the one and only Quiet Mouse. I hope you have a great afternoon and I hope to have you back soon to read more of my blogs in The Quiet Mouse Strikes Back.
Team Valor all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...