Wednesday, September 19, 2012

the HUNGER GAMES

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the one and only Quiet Mouse. Today I want to briefly speak about the movie "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Let's jump right in.

I was initially drawn to the idea of the movie, NOT THE BOOKS, due to the distopian society elements from a post second civil war era. I will even go as far as saying that the cast did the best they could with the material given.
This is where the compliments stop.
I must admit that the death obsession in this nation has gone TOO FAR. REALLY FAR. I do not know this woman Suzanne Collins, but I think ANYONE who writes stories about children MURDERING one another is quite frankly a SICK FUCK. Just the idea alone is pretty bad, but the Hollywood dramatization of children committing the most heinous of deeds is horrible. What's worse is how many young people are totally in love with this movie, like it was the most amazing move... but IT'S NOT!!! It is a sad and disgusting portrayal of just how sick and perverted people really are to actually be standing and cheering for a "winner" of a brutal, blood-drenched battle royal... and the blood being spilled in this movie is that of innocent children. So if you like this movie, I am sorry, but I did not. I think it is awful and I believe those that like it are twisted individuals who have a highly skewed view on their fellow humans. It is different to see an adult action star like Bruce Willis, Stalone, Schwarzenegger, or Jason Statham take out the "bad guys", but in the Hunger Games, the government and media are the bad guys... oh wait, that's kinda like it is right now. Oops, I think that Suzanne Collins just gave the power-hungry rich boys up in Washington some bad ideas. That's all the time else I'm gonna waste on this topic.
Verdict: BAD MOVIE. No redeemable qualities. Not something you should expose your children to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...