Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Orange Juice

I'm taking a break from my normal style of blogging about politics, history, and spirituality to talk about my favorite drink, besides water, ORANGE JUICE. So join me won't you for this short blog? This is the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back. Let's get going.

So as you have already guessed, I love OJ, and not the Simpson one that strangled his wife and got away with it. I love the crisp freshness and sweet bite of the first sip of a tall glass of orange juice. When you are sick it is the best for making your throat feel better with a rush of instant vitamin C. I remember growing up how my father loved orange juice as well. He would always have us make popcorn and a pitcher of OJ at the same time, then we would sit down on the couch and watch movies. I still love to do that same thing now that I have my own children. I guess I could say that OJ is comfort food for me, even though it is a drink. I even love eating oranges by themselves, but I have to be honest and say that I like drinking it better, overall, lol. My daughter loves it as well now, although my son not as much, he's more of a chocolate milk kind of kid, or apple juice.
Apples or oranges, different strokes for different folks. I like both, although I think the citrus flavor of OJ gives it a slight edge over apple juice. I even like other citrus fruits like lemon and lime... I happen to be a big fan of lemonade too. One of my favorite juice blends is pineapple orange, or maybe pineapple orange banana, even orange strawberry is good too. Hell, I just have to honestly say that if it has OJ in it, you can pretty much mix in whatever else and I'll probably like it. Mmmm... now this is making me want to make some homemade juice with my Jack LaLane Juicer.
Well that's all I have to say about that for now. Drink OJ for flavor and for your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...