Thursday, July 5, 2012

20 Years of Fun

I don't know how many of my readers are my age. I'm not sure how many of you remember the original Nintendo, let alone its games. Welcome my friends to my journey of parenthood and it's inherent ironies.


I remember exactly 20 years ago... wow it is indeed quite something to be able to say that I remember something 20 years ago...
Well, point being is that I was playing Super Mario 3 the other day with my son and it occurred to me that it was exactly 20 years ago when I spend part of the summer in a motel room in Oklahoma City with an original Nintendo and only 3 games: Tetris, Dr. Mario, and Super Mario 3. My mom was busy doing training for the opening of a Taco Mayo franchise which my parents later opened in Weatherford Oklahoma.
Now as an adult and as a parent it tickles me now to be sharing a game that was iconic to me as a youth with my children. The game is still about as difficult as I remember, but I don't have the time or patience to play for hours on end any longer. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE me some video games, even though my tastes have changed over the years. It is wonderful to be able to still have something to share and bond with the younger generation over :)
Anyway... for all of the people my age with children who love video games... keep playing with the kids. Sometimes it's just you being there that is important... even if Bowser and his goomba buddies keep kicking your butt up and down the tv screen. Find the warp whistles... the first one is in the first mid-level castle where you have to get the raccoon Mario and fly to the top of the screen and go to the right above where the  dry bones turtle thingy is... lol. I'm sure with Google, you'll just look it up...
This has been the one and only Quiet Mouse. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...