Wednesday, April 11, 2012

CURSE Words

The late, famous George Carlin once spoke of the "7 dirty words" that people, allegedly, aren't allowed to say. Perhaps this was just for television, but perhaps we really shouldn't be saying these words to begin with. Today I want to sit down and think progressively and discuss my thoughts on what they are, what they mean, and how to we use/misuse these words in a sentence. Buckle your seat belts Dorthy, cause Kansas is fixing to go bye bye. I hate having to do this, but I feel that I must also mention that if you are easily offended... you probably shouldn't be reading my blogs. The intention is NOT personal in hurting YOUR feelings... I just have some things to say and I HOPE that you hang in there and open your mind. That being said, I am the one and ONLY Quiet Mouse.
To begin, we obviously have to know which words are the curse words. According to George Carlin they list as follows: a) cocksucker b) cunt c) fuck d) motherfucker e) piss f) shit g) tits...
I am here today to amend that list because I don't really genuinely believe that all of those words are bad, per se. 
For example, I don't think FUCK is a bad word at all. But then again, ANY word can be "bad" upon interpretation because really this whole life experience is really very subjective. 100 people can look at the same thing and they are each going to have a unique experience to themselves. It is highly likely that each of those 100 people would recount an entirely different, although similar experience even though the subject matter for each was the same. 
Anyway, FUCK is a very descriptive word that can be used for EVERY major part of the sentence, noun, verb, adjective... Even though this is my personal FAVORITE curse word, I have to be honest and say truly that I think it's kinda lost some of it's edge because now EVERYONE wants to cuss, to try to sound cool or something. Here's the thing however, much like many fads and subcultures around us, similar to tattooing, piercing, and forms of body modification... well, it's just NOT AS COOL WHEN EVERYONE DOES IT!!! In fact, if anything, cursing has become so prevalent that now even young school age kids are cussing at their parents like they are on Maury Povich or something... "Whateva, whateva, I do what I want!"
Also, SHIT isn't really that big of a deal to me either. It is what it is. It is feces, excrement, poo, turds, etc. It is also a perfect word, along with FUCK, for when you stub your toe, get a paper cut, and would be REALLY  appropriate if you cut something off accidentally. Incidentally, I don't really think piss and tits should be on that list either. You're either taking a piss or telling someone to "piss off" or you are in fact pissed off. And tits... well, the word is just one among an infinite possibility of words to describe the luscious orbs know as breasts!
Moving on is MOTHERFUCKER... I take no personal offense to this one, because my girlfriend IS a mother and we happen to FUCK often... ergo I AM a MOTHER FUCKER, put simply. 
My NEW list would go as follows for what I personally think are really bad words and really  have NO POSITIVE MEANING and cannot be twisted to mean anything other than something negative. Here goes:
1) Douche bag. It is to clean a dirty vagina. NO POSITIVE MEANING in the context with which MOST people use this word. NOT COOL.
2) Asshole. The part of the body where SHIT comes out. Tada... people don't refer to their OWN butt hole as an ass hole, usually. They refer OTHERS that they don't like or piss them off ASSHOLES! Jerk will suffice, folks.
3) CUNT. Again, NO POSITIVE MEANING. To me this is THE DIRTIEST CURSE WORD that generally comes with a real curse of getting slapped or maybe even an ass whooping for uttering the obscenity. No bueno. Just TRY calling a woman that and see how fast some big ass dude who's probably her boyfriend or brother coming down to kick your teeth in. It is OFFENSIVE and should NOT be used in proper conversation. Just sayin...
4) Cocksucker. This homophobic term is often regarded as childish and crude. It is lame that dudes are so insecure about their manhood that they have to continually make fun of the homosexuals. I think that maybe they are persecuting so much because they are hiding their own latent feelings of liking the other boys. This word should really gotten rid of since women are the real cock suckers... if some gay dudes want to suck each other off... get over it, don't hang out with them... as long as it doesn't harm children and farm animals, I could give a shit less.
I feel the need to segue into this last word because it IS considered offensive to many. I personally am NOT racist and I do NOT like this word in ANY WAY that it is twisted and "supposed" to be cool for only 1 ethnic culture, but anyone else who says it will be interpreted as a racist or a bigot. The word of course is...
5) NIGGER. I really don't care how many black people want to tell me that "NIGGA" is so much different from it's root word nigger. IT'S NOT!!! The word itself means "Ignorant". So when you USE the word, even in alleged slang... what you are really showing people is how ignorant you really ARE. Do you really want to call your friends or be called ignorant... you'd probably offend or be offended, but yet so many of today's youth, primarily black, but sometimes other ethnicity's say it as well. I think that if you are a black person, male or female, you are doing a disrespect to your ancestors which you take pride in calling yourself "African" American, knowing full well you're just black and American. I do NOT want to take away your ethic pride, but calling yourself the name given by a slave master is FUCKED UP YO!!!
Again, as I wrap up here I want to say that I would like it if people started just acting better towards one another. Most often it is that we use these curse words so casually and we are setting ourselves up for failure from our OWN HYPOCRISY. When we curse around our children with the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality, we are only breeding further generations of ignorant and potty mouthed children. We use these words to call names to others out of hatred, resentment, or fear, sometimes in self-defense. When we use these words, though we unleash a REAL CURSE upon our fellow men, women, and children... often unintentionally, but we DO. Sometimes, in order to be a better role model, we need to actually BE the person we are telling our children to look up to, the better example. No one is perfect and anything worth having is worth the effort it takes to get. It is a DAILY struggle to be considerate of others and it is our DUTY to continually keep up the effort rather than lower our own personal standards to the low societal "norms". Personally I DON'T WANT TO BE "NORMAL". "Normal" people suck. They are the SHEEPLE. And even if it means me cursing less... that's fine. Since everyone else is doing it... that has become the norm. NOT doing it as much would certainly be different. It's okay for us to be who we really are. All I am asking is for the change in how we interact and speak to one another. Will we speak with words of anger, fear, and hatred or will we speak with words that show empathy, love, and compassion? The simple choice is up to you as I bid you farewell. Also, I want to say that words themselves are EMPTY of meaning or value but what WE as individuals give power TO THEM. If you do NOT let a simple spoken word affect you, let alone cut you like a sword, then you have dis-empowered it... it no longer has any hold over you or effect. 
Thank you for coming on this journey with me. I hope you will join as a fan to this blog and continue reading next time, and perhaps past blogs as well, as I always have a unique perspective and hope to provide insight.
Peace. Empathy. Respect. Love. Compassion. Wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...