Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dreaming

Now the Quiet Mouse doesn't usually do poetry. I once wanted to be a philosopher and now I'm a Buddhist, funny how life works. Any way we chose to look at the world we live, we all share a common bond. I hope you read these words I have written and question the life you live. Can we be doing better. Are we loving ourselves as well as our family, children, and friends? I hope to inspire people to write. I hope to inspire people to express themselves. Everyone has an inner artist. Everyone has inner beauty. Everyone is a creator and a destroyer. Everyone is everyone, yet we are all one. Funny how it works like that... I hope that this message grows. I hope it expands. I hope that it spreads like a virus to all corners of the globe. I have so much love for my brothers and sisters of the world. Here is my poem now...

Dreaming

My mind tends to wonder
wherever it may roam
while my body stays in one place
which probably is home
it takes me places
never been to before
places never heard of
in myth or folklore
I drift from place to place
and sometimes I see
through other people's eyes
looking right at me
raindrops fall down
on my white skin
tempting, urging, pushing
trying to get in
I hear the sounds of silence
coming from the dead
I lay awake in solitude
seeing pictures in my head.

I entered this poem into a contest recently and made it to the semi-finals. The winners will be determined at the end of this month.
The message of this poem is to keep dreaming. Our dreams fuel our passions. Our dreams fuel our art. Our dreams fuel the basic core of our character. Keep your dreams alive. Keep art and music in our schools. Keep the dreams of our fellow men and women alive. This has been the Quiet Mouse.
Peace. Love. Truth. Respect. Honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...