Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Believe In Yourself or No One Will

Hello my friends, the Quiet Mouse is back with a positive message today.
I don't want my readers to get the thought that its all pessimistic for me, because I am not. The title of this blog should speak for itself, but then I'd have a really short blog if I didn't add my own 10 cents as well, so here goes...
Believe in Yourself or No One Will: sounds simple enough, right? Idk... it seems to me in my interactions with people that SELF esteem for American citizens is at an all time low. Of course there are the headstrong type A personalities that nothing phases them. However, the average American, especially women, are constantly bombarded with images and words from a society that wants you to conform to their ideal of how YOU should be. From the pages of our magazines to the daily shows that play on the propaganda box, we see this ideal of skinny model types who look bulimic or anorexic, or at the very least, unhealthy.
So I have to ask myself as I am sure many of you are questioning from the Quiet Mouse... WHY is this the standard set by society? I'll get back to that in a moment, but I want to talk about SELF esteem for a few moments. Four letters I have put in caps, because I think we, as people forget sometimes that SELF esteem comes from within. Regardless of what people say to us, do to us, act towards us, show us or try to brainwash us into a cookie cutter image, WE still have to be the ones to look in the mirror at ourselves. It is a daily choice to look at the man or woman in the mirror and CHOSE to be happy about what we see.
If you are a big woman or man... rock it out!! Be happy with who you are... but if you are NOT happy, the you should probably CHANGE whatever YOU think is wrong. Put down the fork and processed foods if you are overweight. Stop eating at McDonalds and Taco Bell if you are concerned about your physical image. On the flip side of the coin...
If you don't like being skinny: EAT! or WORK OUT! But please don't be the type of person that is constantly upset about how you look. Please don't be the type of person who is constantly putting yourself down. There are PLENTY of other people in the world who will do that for you free of charge: the last person you NEED to put yourself down is YOU!! Confidence radiates so much more around a person like a glowing aura of light. Why, you might ask? Because positive energy outweighs negative energy. Not only do we have to PAY IT FORWARD to others, but we have to start with #1: our self.
The only way to change ANYTHING in this world is to start with our self. We have to change the way we see the ME in the MIRROR. Other people will notice when you make that paradigm shift and lean away from the negative and tip the scales back toward the positive light.
If you are a FREAK... fly your flag high and don't let ANYONE tell you to change. Rock out the tattoos and piercings if that is your mojo, but make sure you are doing it for YOU and not someone else. Life is NOT about conforming to the expectations of OTHERS, but adapting and changing who you are to find that inner peace and that inner calm. Meditate and pray if you need to, I would highly incourage taking time for QUIET introspection. But the EASIEST way of all to improve your SELF esteem is to STOP buying into the propaganda and image that THEY want you to believe. Turn off the TV and listen to what your loved ones think about you. They may be biased, yes, but they will generally lift you UP more than put you down. In the end, like I said before, it only comes down to one persons opinions that matter most: YOUR OWN. Perception is 9/10ths of reality if not 100% of it...
This has been the Quiet Mouse. Peace. Love. Respect.

1 comment:

  1. Bryce, you are one in a million I tell ya. I agree with everything here. You have made me realize lately that I am too hard on myself and need to love myself, or no one will. I'm not going to beat myself up anymore. You love me the way I am, and I think I owe it to myself to feel the same way! I am special damn it! Lol! Thank you for the positive message. I'm not just a follower because I love you, but because you know what the hell you are talking about. I have much respect for you.

    ReplyDelete

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...