Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Cats Worship the Refrigerator

Hello my friends and welcome back to another edition of the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back.
Today I want to bring a funny light to animal behavior, namely cats once again.

Have you ever noticed how aloof cats are sometimes? Often it seems that they only want your attention when THEY want it, and on many occasions this is at an inopportune time for us human slaves, such as when we are making dinner. Inevitably it seems that as soon as you open the refrigerator, the cats come around...
Or sometimes it is when you open a can of tuna. THEN they want your undivided attention, clawing their way up your clothing leaving little holes as they go, all the way to climbing down your arm to reach the tuna treat.
However, it seems that most of the time, like bad kitties, they just jump up on the counter and take what they think to be their property already. Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!
I think that cats must worship the fridge because it is the only place in the house that cats cannot readily get into lacking the proper higher order opposable thumbs that humans and primates possess.

I guess to the point, I don't mind giving the fuzzy little monsters a treat on occasion. I even have them trained in a very Pavlovian way to come to me when I whistle loudly because they believe they will get a treat. MOST of the time this is correct and they are positively reinforced in their behavior. Maybe for my psychology class I will write about cats, lol...

This has been the Quiet Mouse.
Peace. Love. Respect. Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...