Friday, April 1, 2011

Inspiration ON DEMAND

Hello and welcome back to another blog from yours truly, the Quiet Mouse.
Today I am going to serve up a quick blog that I hope will inspire others to learn and go back to school.
This last semester (the winter term) I started back into college after a 14 year absence from the academic world. Believe me when I say that going to school at 31 is much more difficult than when I was 18, when knowledge seemed to flow and be stored that much easier. Not only did I start back to school, but I did it with emphasis and a high class load. I took 4 classes: Math, English, Intercultural Communications and Sci-fi/Fantasy writing.

I just got my grades back last week and was enthused to find that I made 3 A's and 1 B for a 3.8 GPA. This is the FIRST time EVER that I have made an A in English class!! That excited me by itself, believe me. However, I was even more excited when I found out I made the Vice President's honor roll. Out of the 15,000 students attending Clark college, only 1,033 made honor roll, so I am supremely proud of this achievement as I placed in the top 7% of all students this past semester.

Am I proud... YES! Am I gloating... NO!
I am hoping to inspire others that I know to reach higher and let you know that YOU CAN DO IT TOO!! Now don't let me fool you, this was no easy task. It took a lot of hours of studying, reading, writing papers and lots of homework. My point though is that after 14 years of being out of college, I DID IT! It took me turning off the television and putting down the cell phone, ignoring the lure of the internet for periods of time... all which were still available when I got my homework  done. I made it a point to NOT procrastinate and to do my homework FIRST, before play time. I like to work hard AND play hard. You TOO can do this if you put your mind to it. You TOO can go back to school and be successful whether you just want to gain higher education or switch up your skill set for a new line of work, NOW is the time!!

I would highly encourage ANY and ALL my readers to consider sharpening your minds (as well as your bodies) and to THINK about returning to college. I personally LOVE the medical field and have chosen NURSING as my vocation of choice. If this in demand field is NOT for you, then there are hundreds of other options... hell, they'd probably let you major in Playstation if you knew how to bullshit your way through it. Regardless of what path you chose, be it an engineer, nurse, photographer, artist, musician, computer programmer, or whatever you decide on, I firmly believe that it is IN YOUR HANDS and within your grasp to not only have a job that pays well, but also to have a CAREER and a VOCATION that you LOVE to do.

Wouldn't it be great to go to work every morning and ENJOY being there? Wouldn't it be great to LOVE your work so much that it didn't really FEEL like you were working at all?
All this IS possible. As I said before, it DOES take effort and determination, but is well worth it!

I hope that maybe this blog has inspired you to reach for the stars and find your own personal greatness!! I LOVE COLLEGE! I LOVE TO LEARN! I LOVE TO INSPIRE OTHERS!
This has been the Quiet Mouse.
Peace. Love. Respect. Knowledge. Truth. Education. Empathy. Honesty. 

1 comment:

  1. You definitely inspired me to go back to school. Unlike you, I won't be taking 18 credits my first quarter, however. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time! It's been 19 years since I've been out of school.
    Congrats on the honor roll. I see straight A's for you this quarter. :-)

    ReplyDelete

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...