Monday, April 17, 2017

Tattooed AND Employeed

Namaste and welcome my friends, family, and fellow knowledge seekers. I just wrote a blog the other day about getting a job. Since writing that posting I've had some other thoughts that I wanted to put out there for my readers. I'm going to keep this one short...

I've heard a lot of people hate on those with tattoos and I have to say, hater's gonna hate. Many people have told me personally that my tattoos wouldn't look good to an employer and that I'd have a difficult time finding a job. I'm here today to tell all the people that have hated on me or put me down...
THANK  YOU.
Image result for haters gonna hateImage result for haters gonna hate
I could easily be a hater and curse and say "fuck you" or "eat shit" to my haters, but then that would make me no better than they. But I am happy, feeling positive not negative. I'm proud to be nearly 38 and having openly visible tattoo arm sleeves that show off my proud Scottish ancestry with my family crest or my favorite mantra COEXIST or my favorite movies Alice in Wonderland and 5th Element, or favorite video game franchise Legend of Zelda, among others.
I am proud to be gainfully employed, and not just as a jabroni, but I have dual certifications in culinary arts AND surgical technology. I've worked my ass off to get here and I feel like I deserve to work in a good job that is exciting as well as gratifying. I feel a sense of purpose when I go to work now, as opposed to some jobs I've had in the past, including a recent bad experience that gave me a lot of perspective on my goals and direction in my life, my career, and my family. I owe a lot of this good happy feeling to my beautiful wife, who I refer to as Hunny Bear (who has co-opted with me in the past on several of my blog postings as she is a published author, and has a lot of insights and experience to offer).
 Image result for surgical technologistImage result for surgical technologist
The journey isn't over, in fact this is just a new chapter in the rest of my life. I AM a nationally certified surgical technologist (CST). I've served my nation in the military. I've sacrificed for my fellow citizens and family. I've got the battle scars to prove my merit and invaluable resolve. I am blessed. My family has been a great network for support and encouragement. I'm achieving my goals one day at a time, and for the first time in a long time, I really feel like all the effort has been worth it. I truly believe that any and all efforts at self-improvement ARE ultimately worth it. Follow your dreams. Live with passion. Be who you are on the inside and out. You CAN be tattooed and employed. You CAN achieve your goals with some hard work. You have value. If others can't see the value in you, that is a reflection of them, not you. May peace be with you my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...