Wednesday, April 26, 2017

You've GOT To Be Kidding Me

I just wanted to make a short blog about this nonsense I heard on the radio while commuting to work today. Namaste and thank you for joining me.
Image result for nordstrom 425 jeansImage result for nordstrom 425 jeans
Now, granted, I admit I am NOT the most fashionable person in the world, but I just had to bring this shit up. Apparently, now at the department store Nordstrom they are selling a pair of jeans for $425 fully donned with FAKE MUD pre-wear. I have a few issues with this that I'm gonna number out as follows...

1) It's JUST DENIM! I don't care if they rubbed up against the pope's nuts and ass (they didn't) before being hung on the rack. NO PAIR OF JEANS IS WORTH THE COST OF $425. PERIOD.
2) WHO THE FUCK can afford to buy a pair of these jeans? Not any blue collar or service worker
3) Why the fuck would a person buy a pair of jeans NEW on the rack that looked like they were straight up from Goodwill or the Salvation Army? Especially covered in FAKE mud?!? Part of the fun of getting new clothes is the ACTUAL ACT of getting them worn in.

It seems so stupid and asinine to me that people pay MORE money to buy clothes that have holes in them or have that "dirty" look. WTF?!? I don't know who realistically considers this to be fashionable, but if you do, you're hanging with the WRONG group of pretentious people.
On the flip side of that coin, however... it IS cool if you ACTUALLY worked hard enough in a dirty job to make the denim look worn in and muddy. Being a POSER to PRETEND that you did a hard day's work just makes you an idiot... AND the $425 that you spent on those jeans really PROVES my point.

Be smart when you shop folks. If you grossly overspend on clothes than the industry is just playing you for a fool. Especially when the majority of our clothes are made in Asian sweat shops where the workers are paid pennies on the dollar for what they would have to pay an American worker. No benefits. No PTO. But sadly, to that worker, it might still be a fortune compared with being poor and destitute. Just saying...



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog. Love and agree with the concept, and are you doing anything other than blogging to spread your ideas or concept? I am asking for my ELA 12 class as a part of our assignment. Very interesting to see a fashion statement is now being made by marketing companies expecting large amounts of money for fake dirt on jeans. I hate the way things are going nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.

    Sincerely,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...