Friday, July 17, 2015

Dear Advertisers

Namaste and welcome my friends, family, and fellow knowledge seekers to another posting for the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back. Thank you for joining me and thank you for being one of more than 33,000 readers to view my blog.
Image result for online advertisementImage result for online advertisement
Dear advertisers. FUCK YOU! I'm tired of not being able to play a game, watch a t.v. show, or even look at a web page article without seeing a commercial or advertisement for your product, whatever it may be. NO... I don't want to buy your newest game. NO... I don't want to buy your service or product. And NO... I don't want your bull crap to pop up on my screen every time I want to use the Internet for browsing.
Image result for in game advertisement
I understand that you must use outside funding from advertisers in order to make your page funded and to keep the app or game free. It's bad enough that we have to be inundated with marketing in the form of television, magazines, and other forms of media, but it is especially bad when using sites like YouTube. Dear YouTube (and other sites), I will ALWAYS skip your ads. The ONLY ad that I don't skip straight past is the ones for Popeye's chicken, cause let's face it... that shit's good!

Overall I think people are fed up with the constant barrage of advertisements that are in every facet of our lives now, including the video games we play, the t.v. we watch, and the Internet we surf. There is a constant supply of ads for games, services, and a plethora of products we neither need nor care about particularly. My opinion is that if they have to try so hard to sell something, it's probably NOT something I need very badly anyway.

Well, that's about all I have to say about that. Thanks for your time today and please feel free to look and comment about past blogs. I'm always looking for feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...