Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mis Amigos Hispanos

Hola my amigos y familia and welcome to another edition of the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back.
Today I want to talk about my observations of my  Hispanic brothers, as I am back working in the restaurant business. Before I get too far along I feel the need to state ahead of time  I am NOT RACIST in any way.  I love Hispanic food  and culture. I respect their work ethic and willingness to do jobs that, quite frankly,  whites and blacks just DON'T WANT TO DO.
That being  said,  today I just want to focus on one issue: speaking English. I know it's a difficult language to learn, hell, I know plenty of Americans that don't even speak the language very well,  let alone a second or third language as many others around the world  have learned to speak fluently.
My point, however, is that when you are working in a place of business (in America, NOT MEXICO) that speaks English  it is both appropriate and expected for employees to speak English,  NOT SPANISH!!!
I know that they think they are being like super-cool  speaking a different language than the white, non-Hispanic employees.  I suppose my problem lies in the fact that those individuals usually refer to speaking their  other language when they want to be a dick and talk shit on someone.  Perhaps living in Washington state,  these guys aren't accustomed to a white dude speaking Spanish, as we are currently pretty far from Mexico.
I  understand a bit of  the language. I took classes for four years, was out of practice for a while, and am amazed how quickly my recollection has returned. What  sucks most is when they don't know or don't think anyone understands them and you can AUDIBLY HEAR these dudes talking shit about YOU. Intiendo que dices. Estoy no stupido guero.

I'm gonna wrap it up now with a final thought...
DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE... you never know who is listening. Not all white people are stupid
gabachos or gringos.
This has been the one and only Quiet Mouse.
 Peace. love. respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...