Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MY Generation

Namaste and welcome. I hope you are doing well on this Wednesday afternoon, evening, night, morning, or whenever you are reading this blog. Glad to have your attention for a few moments. I just wanted to share a short sentiment about generation gaps.

It came to my attention recently as I have gone back to school to pursue my passion for cooking that there is a significant and noticeable generation gap between myself and the teenagers that I am having to associate with on a daily basis. There are a few good young chefs and many who either don't seem to belong there or act like they don't want to be there. I hung out this afternoon with some friends that are around my age and I felt so much more at home with those that are from MY generation. It made me feel more intelligent, more comfortable, and less anxious, as I find myself somewhat annoyed and stressed at having to deal with the immaturity and whatnot that comes with youth. Now mind you we are all supposed to be "adults" after the age of 18, but it seems to me more and more young adults these days, well, they just seem to be less mature and responsible as I remember my generation being at the same age.
Of course it is a perceptional bias as I'm sure that EVERY generation thinks that theirs is the best and the ones after are stupider. My jury is still out making a decision about what I think of the teens these days. Many feel this sense of entitlement, desire of praise for sub-par performance, and very few of them listen to the earned advice from their elders (and that is NOT saying that I am old, just older than them, lol).
I like people my age because we have our own flavors, styles, and vibes, plus a lot better work ethic. It's nice to have a mature conversation whether it is with parents, grandparents, teachers, and even teenagers. I don't want to immediately draw any wrong conclusions because each person is different and has different talents as well as different priorities in life. When you are a teenager sometimes the priorities are partying and sex. Sometimes the priority is school. Some just float aimless living off of parents. Some "adults" do this as well.
Thanks for your time this afternoon. This is the one and only Quiet Mouse.
Peace. Love. Respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...