Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"I CAN'T..."

It is difficult to describe how I feel about the above statement as it causes a stirring of mixed inner feelings. Won't you join me today as I search out the endless possibilities of the phrase "I can't..." Namaste and welcome to the Quiet Mouse Strikes Back. Thank you for joining me today. Let's jump in and see what we can find, shall we?

Is it just a statement of choice, this belief in "I can't..."? Or is is just an autonomic response that is pre-programmed into us as human beings? I want to take a few minutes to write a short blog to say basically that WHATEVER you tell yourself... you are correct. If you say "I CAN...", then you are equally as correct as if you say "I can't...". There is no great secret to this idea, for there is no greater power that we know of than the human brain. Whatever YOU tell YOURSELF, your mind WILL believe you. The problem comes with this pessimism of people basically GIVING UP BEFORE THEY EVEN TRY, telling his/her self that he/she cannot do something before any actual effort is exerted.
It is indeed one thing to try and fail. Many great people throughout history have tried a great many things and failed, like Ben Franklin, Edison, Eli Whitney, and many more inventors and free thinkers... but they tried, is the point. You cannot fail if you don't even try. This fear, however, as I have spoken of fear a great many times, is often debilitating to some people. This fear keeps even the smartest and most capable persons from achieving greatness. So the person would rather fail before even starting than face the fear of failure and/or public ridicule. SAD and PATHETIC.
The truth is that life is what you make of it, my friends. There is seldom a time when things will just be handed to you in life. It is more often that we as individuals must lay down our fears and confront life head on. Nothing ventured = nothing gained. These things are often overlooked and seen as cliche, but I assure you, my readers, that it is often the most simple basic truths that go unnoticed because people are often seeing complexity, even where there is none... and the truth keeps hiding in the ever-familiar plain sight, but out of grasp for so many.

It obviously starts as children this mindset of quitting before trying, because it requires EFFORT, like so many other things. It sets our children up for a HUGE disadvantage when that child actually believes that he/she cannot do something, even though it is more often the occurrence of this statement comes from UNWILLINGNESS TO TRY. It honestly drives me nuts to hear this statement of "I can't..." followed by just about ANYTHING, by just about ANYBODY. But it especially drives me nuts to hear my own children say it, because most of the time they say it is when they don't want to do anything else but sit in front of the television acting like brain-dead little zombies. It pains me that much more, I suppose, when intelligent people say this... more so than when people I know are less intelligent say it. I KNOW my kids are smarter than they act and I KNOW that many adults are also smarter than they act. This whole "I can't..." attitude goes right along with when kids refuse to eat dinner or their veggies without even trying it first. "I don't like it..." and "I can't..." are the biggest cop-outs of the lazy mind that I have ever heard. What's even more insane is that as humans we are basically programmed to look out for number 1... so what does it say about a person who is either too stupid or too lazy to even help his/her self?!?
Neither you or I can help these people as they are too far gone in the Matrix. I wish that we could awaken EVERYONE. I wish there was enough time in the day to make all things right with the world, starting at the lowest level possible, as we are forced to do. But if people don't want change and don't want to help themselves, what are we really to do to help them but to stand diligently and patiently by our fellow brothers and sisters and just KEEP ENCOURAGING them each and every day to find their own path and follow the light to brighter horizons. We are NOT meant to be stagnant or idle. There is no time as our lives are frail and short. We need to tell ourselves "YES I CAN!" and actually BELIEVE IT! Because if you tell yourself ANYTHING negative other than that you CAN do something, then you have already lost the battle. The war for your mind is not over yet, as today and tomorrow are each a new day to re-invent the self and to become a better, more positive, capable human being. As we work on our selves we will be able to greater help others and in helping them, we continue the cycle of helping our selves. ANYTHING is possible... how big can you dream? What CAN you do? Achieve? Become?
Ladies and gentlemen, this has been a great journey. I hope you are able to take some of this back to your life, friends, and family. God bless you and good day to you all.
Peace. Love. Respect. Can-do attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...