Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Electoral College and Why We NEED It...

Image result for why we need the electoral college
Namaste, my friends, family, and fellow knowledge seekers. Welcome to my blog. I thank you for taking the time to join me as I discuss my thoughts on the Electoral College.
Image result for electoral college quotes founding fathers
As I'm sure you may have read from my past blogs, I have voted on both sides of the party lines as an adult. I voted for whom I believed was the best candidate, based on an INFORMED opinion after researching and reading on all candidates. I voted for Al Gore (DEM), George W. Bush (REP), Barack Obama (DEM), Dr. Ron Paul (REP), and Bernie Sanders (IND/DEM), in that order.
I plan to once again vote for Senator Sanders based upon his ideas of universal healthcare buy in option, his consistent record of advocacy for patient rights, his stance on the deregulation of cannabis and hemp on a federal level, his stance on immigration reform and forming a better path to citizenship so we can get illegals legal and paying taxes INTO the system, as well as his stance on education and how massive student debt is hurting the U.S. and its workers from creating more jobs and innovation.
Partisan politics are trying to divide our nation and its citizens, but we cannot give in to fear and undo our founding fathers principles of liberty, democracy, and justice.
Image result for founding fathers
Our country was much smaller at the time of its inception, yet our founding fathers had  immeasurable foresight. They KNEW from their own history, the violent power of mob rule and the powerful rule of tyrants. The United States of America was meant to be different, giving every registered adult voter the power to affect the general election process through the voice of the people.
They knew not everyone would agree. They knew in the future there would be challenges with bribery, corruption, and dishonesty... so they devised the electoral college system to give a fair result of the general election of ALL 50 states. Our founding fathers KNEW that large urban areas had greater populations than rural areas, so they created the electoral college to give a voice to people in places like Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, the Dakotas, etc. Because they knew that every election, if decided by "POPULAR VOTE " would be decided by states and cities with the largest populations. Ergo, places like NYC, California, Florida, and Ohio would decide EVERY election.
I am moderate, but I admittedly lean a little bit left on certain issues like reproductive rights, immigration, healthcare, national "defense", and human rights. I also admittedly lean a little bit to the right on the 2nd Amendment, Constitution, and death penalty.
That being stated and as a Navy veteran, I feel the need to lay it all out there for the preservation of liberty and justice so I am gonna put it out there in as plain of English as possible... ending the Electoral College is a far left agenda that I don't agree with. Certain powers that be, are busy trying to convince poor rural communities to give up their voting power to the centralized government and highest populated states like Florida, New York, and California who, coincidentally, traditionally lean Democrat.
Image result for why we need the electoral college
I think the system is flawed in some ways as we have had not 1, but 2 elections in my lifetime where a candidate won the popular vote, but lost the electoral college vote. We saw this in Al Gore vs. W. Bush and again this last time in HRC vs. Donald Trump. The main flaw of this political system, as I mentioned many times in previous blogs, is forcing the American people to choose between the lesser of 2 EVILS, instead of a caring qualified candidate. Until we figure out a better system than the electoral college, we should not change it... that is unless we really don't want our voices heard and our votes to matter.
Image result for electoral college quotes founding fathers

This has been the one and only Quiet Mouse Strikes Back.
Peace. Love. Respect. Education. Empathy. Vote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...