Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012 S.A.D.

Today I just want to make a short blog stating emphatically that this date is 5 June 2012. I live in Washington State. It is COLD and RAINY today; much like it is ALL YEAR ROUND, with a few breaks, like 3 weeks of ACTUAL SUMMER, somewhere around July/August.
I miss the warmth and heat of Texas, where I was from before moving up to the Oregon/Washington area. I'll admit, despite the rain and cold, it IS beautiful up here in the Pacific Northwest, however, my body is craving warmth, for Christ's sakes. Here it is JUNE and it is STILL COLD!! I want to be kicking back and enjoying this weather because my 2 kids are getting out of school for summer vacation and it still feels like winter/early spring... anything BUT the summer it is supposed to be feeling like.
Back in Dallas it's like 90 degrees. It's hot, flat, and dry there for the most part this time of year and I could totally handle a few days of rain as opposed to the year round depressing; overcast cloud cover here in Vancouver WA.
Here is what I was envisioning for this time of year:

But this is what we have INSTEAD of the idealistic vision for warmth and joy where I see myself walking around in khaki shorts and flip flops:


This I must admit I am none too happy about as I feel like a hermit, locked inside all day every day because I am depressed due to the overcast weather and I may well indeed have S.A.D. (seasonal affective dissorder).
My more ideal idea of a cold summer would be to have an ice cold glass of lemonade and a good working air conditioner, enough heat for me to take a long walk outside without fear of being rained on. It is NOT COOL how it is June 5th and I feel like I need gloves up here in the NW.
Well, that's about all I have to say about that. Living in Washington sure makes me miss the warmth of the south, as I'm a good old boy missing the great state of Texas. Perhaps this summer I'll be able to make it back to visit family... and perhaps I might just want to move BACK there once I finish up cooking school in March of next year. Perhaps?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...