Thursday, December 5, 2019

I Miss Drive-in Movie Theaters

Namaste. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to read my thoughts. This is gonna be short, so let's get started.
Image result for drive in movie theater
If you've read my past blogs you will understand that I am a huge cinephile (lover of film). Some of my favorite movies are the Star Wars saga, MCU, Aliens, 5th Element, etc. I was reared in the middle of the country in Kansas and movies were just part of life growing up. I still remember the speaker box sitting in the car window while my brother and I sat in the back seat seeing Alien at the drive-in. Fast forward to my time stationed in San Diego, during my Navy enlisted service. We'd go down to Imperial Beach and watch the movies on a Friday night where you could see 3 recently released movies for about $5 per person. Those were the days, hanging out in the summer, windows down, getting food from the snack-bar and living up the fading nostalgia of a bygone era.
Image result for drive in movie theaterImage result for drive in movie theater
Next year will be 2020, so perhaps it is time to bring the drive-in movie theater back into style. Malls are closing, stand alone theaters are expensive to run and maintain. The snacks are grossly overpriced. The novelty is gone... especially due to the streaming video services like Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, On-Demand from cable, etc. HBO, Apple TV, and others are gearing up for their own piece of the streaming revenue pie, but even that has gotten passe.
Families need a family night and I can't think of a way to bring a family together more than watching an exciting film on the really big screen of the drive-in theater. Star Wars would be great... just saying.
Image result for drive in movie theater star wars
Anyways, that's all I have to say about that. As always, I will see you at the movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Conservatism

Once we recognize that Libertarianism is essentially neo-feudalism, and that it is now the dominant conservative philosophy of the Republica...